• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missing one signature

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lline

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Minnesota

I had divorce papers drawn up by a paralegal for a joint petition. I signed the papers and mailed them to my husband. He signed them and sent them back to me but mistakenly (or on purpose), missed one signature spot which does not require a notary. I have tried contacting him via phone messages and e-mail but he is ignoring my messages. I can't afford to hire an attorney so what can I do...

desperate

S

shell007

Why not try sending them to him "certified" mail with return receipt of acceptance? and put a BIG neon sticky tab next to the signature line stating "please sign here"...Thank you!

He may be avoiding you for fear of other non-related questions.arguments, etc.!

lline

Missing signature

Well, If I was dealing with a normal person that would be the thing to do...unfortunately I am dealing with a head case and power and control is his thing...by not signing that one spot, he has the control.

shellandty said:
Why not try sending them to him "certified" mail with return receipt of acceptance? and put a BIG neon sticky tab next to the signature line stating "please sign here"...Thank you!

He may be avoiding you for fear of other non-related questions.arguments, etc.!

S

shell007

Well, If I was dealing with a normal person that would be the thing to do...unfortunately I am dealing with a head case and power and control is his thing...by not signing that one spot, he has the control.

Although this may be true.....at least by sending certified mail...you have then crossed your T's and dotted your I's, and did the most and best that you could do. If this grows into a larger problem in the future....he will be the one who has some explaining to do(by not signing)...not you!

Last edited:

lline

Missing signature

I actually contacted an attorney for advise and believe it or not...there is nothing I can do! If I do not have a completed and signed agreement, I need to start over and file the petition with the courts as if contested. What a jerk he is! Now that was $85 dollars down the drain! I can't afford to do this over again...it's just not fair! Sorry...I'm venting. I'm so tired of him controlling my life!

shellandty said:
Although this may be true.....at least by sending certified mail...you have then crossed your T's and dotted your I's, and done the most and best that you could do. If this grows into a larger problem in the future....he will be the one who has some explaining to do(by not signing)...not you!

S

shell007

WOW...sorry for your luck!

Anyway...I hope your luck changes for the better. Remember....everything happens for a reason! :)

lline

Thanks for the encouragement!

shellandty said:
WOW...sorry for your luck!

Anyway...I hope your luck changes for the better. Remember....everything happens for a reason! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">