• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missouri ex parte question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lukehardy

In Missouri can you get a continuence on a ex parte hearing. My ex wife filed an ex parte against me knowing that the hearing was in the middle of my seven unitterupted days of vacation I get with my son this summer. She had absolutly no grounds for obtaining the order, we hadn't even seen each other for a week, she did it to be a pain in the butt.

Last edited:

Golfball

Ex parte hearings blow (I got ex parte-d myself, I didn't get notice until 12 days *after* the hearing. Different state, though.), but if it's an ex parte hearing, only the filing party needs to be there.

You should (IMNSHO), be able to raise whatever issues were discussed during the ex parte hearing for review and to present your side of the issues, as long as you file for a new hearing fairly quickly. (How long you have to file depends on your state and local rules of civil procedure.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">