• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mistake on Divorce Settlement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tcofer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas
My divorce is only a couple of months old. My ex-husband has filed an appeal on the settlement.
In reviewing my settlement I discovered that the property discription is incorrect but not only that but they didn't list the entire property. I was to get a farm of 160 acres, the property was divided into two seperate deeds when we purchased it. The settlement only lists the 12.5 acres that the house sits on but the rest of the acreage is not listed. I have tried numerous times to contact my attorney on this but have hit a brick wall. I went to the courthouse and recieved copies of both deeds and took them to his office. This is a big problem for me, I have a buyer for part of the land so I can pay off the mortgage but the property in question is still deeded in both of our names. What legal forms need to be filed to fix this?
Also, because my ex filed an appeal, can I insist that he post a bond for the property that he is refusing to relenquish to me? If he is unable to post the bond, will the appellet court throw out his request? What is my time frame here?
Any help is apprciated, Thank you!!
Teresa:confused:

Last edited:

tcofer

Thank you

I finally got through to my attorney and he is sending fixing the problem on the settlement. Thank you for your help. Your right, it is very complicated.
Teresa

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">