• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modify Divorce Decree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Forgiven

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois
My daughter was just granted today her divorce. She forgot to ask to have included the changing of her last name back to her maiden name.

I am looking to find the format / form to fill in to present to the court to have a court date set to "modify the divorce decree".

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My daughter was just granted today her divorce. She forgot to ask to have included the changing of her last name back to her maiden name.

I am looking to find the format / form to fill in to present to the court to have a court date set to "modify the divorce decree".
You're looking for the wrong thing. What you should be looking for is called a "name change"...

LdiJ

There is no need to modify the divorce decree. She can simply file a petition to change her last name, without having to involved her divorce or her ex in the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">