• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moms Abusive Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silacoid

What is the name of your state?Florida

I am requesting advice on what to do in a personal family situation and want to thank you in advance for any help that you can offer me.

My Mothers health is currently failing, yet her abusive husband is completely apathetic concerning her need (i.e. she takes blood thinner agents and his comment to her this morning was "All you can do now is sit around a get nose bleeds.) On a former occasion, he said he actually said to her that she would be better off dead. Now that she can no longer wait on him hand and foot, in their sexless marriage, he's talking about walking out on her and leaving her with nothing. He collects a pension from the US Air Force, and she gets almost no income. Please give me any help that you can.

Sincerely,

silacoid

LdiJ

silacoid said:

I am requesting advice on what to do in a personal family situation and want to thank you in advance for any help that you can offer me.

My Mothers health is currently failing, yet her abusive husband is completely apathetic concerning her need (i.e. she takes blood thinner agents and his comment to her this morning was "All you can do now is sit around a get nose bleeds.) On a former occasion, he said he actually said to her that she would be better off dead. Now that she can no longer wait on him hand and foot, in their sexless marriage, he's talking about walking out on her and leaving her with nothing. He collects a pension from the US Air Force, and she gets almost no income. Please give me any help that you can.

Sincerely,

silacoid
If he walks out you need to do what you can to help your mother get a good attorney. She will need one.

Gracie3787

silacoid said:

Sincerely,

silacoid
Your mother can get a low cost consultation by calling the Fl. lawyer referral service 1-800-342-8011. She needs to protect herself Before he walks out.

Also, if she is having nose bleeds, she needs to get to the Dr. ASAP. It sounds like her blood thinner meds need to be adjusted.
Gracie :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">