• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

money question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

akagonzo

I am new here so go easy on me. There very well could be a divorce in my future, not sure tho. There will be no real fault, except that the wife seems to be going through a mid life crisis, and is going crazy. My question is: I have about 200k in my 401k, and would really hate to give up half of it in a settlement. Does anyone have any good advice on hiding some of it, or making it inaccesable. Thanks for any and all replies.

vrzirn

No matter which state in which you reside you will have to fill out a disclosure form. When your fraud is eventually discovered, you could lose the entire thing and not just the portion to which your ex is legally entitled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">