• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SSHERRY

What is the name of your state?OHIO

In the temporary court orders of my divorce, I was ordered to pay the mortgage on our martial home. The title was in both names, but the loans where in mine only. Last week my wife decided that she wanted to keep the house instead of selling it as we discussed and took out a mortgage (for more than the owed amount on my current loan) and bought out my loan. We have already done the title transfer to her and the old loan is paid off. Now she thinks that I have to pay HER new mortgage payments (which are more than the original payments) . Am I legally required to pay any of it since the loan I was ordered to pay no longer exsists?

LdiJ

SSHERRY said:
What is the name of your state?OHIO

In the temporary court orders of my divorce, I was ordered to pay the mortgage on our martial home. The title was in both names, but the loans where in mine only. Last week my wife decided that she wanted to keep the house instead of selling it as we discussed and took out a mortgage (for more than the owed amount on my current loan) and bought out my loan. We have already done the title transfer to her and the old loan is paid off. Now she thinks that I have to pay HER new mortgage payments (which are more than the original payments) . Am I legally required to pay any of it since the loan I was ordered to pay no longer exsists?
Consult your attorney on that one...I can see it going either way in the short term.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">