• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A mother in Shanghai needs help, help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

niuniu19977

Dear Sir:

I am in Shanghai PR China. I have met a tough problem and need help. Could anybody be so kind to offer me some help?
My husband worked for UN as a peacekeeping policeman in East Timor in 2001 and 2002. Now he claim to divorce and hide his property. I sent letters to the UN but till now there's no reply.

what can I do?

ps:
(my letter sent to the UN)

Honorable gentlemen of the UN:
First please forgive my making bold to express this letter and I am sorry if it would cause you any trouble.
I am the wife of Chen Jun---a Chinese policeman of UN Peacekeeping Troop in East Timor in 2001(who has been taken a picture with US president Bill Clinton). Now I am living in Shanghai with my little daughter. You may wonder why I send this letter from thousands of miles away across the Pacific. That¡¯s because I do need your timely and precious aid.
I shall tell the whole story briefly here: We had just encountered marriage crisis before Chen Jun got the chance working abroad. Knowing that he would get the chance, he pledged in the presence of political department director of Shanghai Public Security Bureau that he would be faithful to our marriage and daughter all his life. But during the two years after his leaving till today, he hasn¡¯t sent even a cent to us, except one phone call from abroad. Since October 2001, I have to bring up my daughter with a monthly salary of 1500 RMB, which is less than 200 US dollars. My 6-year-old daughter is not in good health and often under medical treatment. I am studying in college. All the expensive fees are making my family in a very poor financial condition. I had been hoping that his return would help to make things better until he came back and perfidiously claim to divorce. He denied all his properties except the 40 square meters room where now lives my daughter and I as our only common property for partition. I required the Court judge to conduct a legal investigate on Chen Jun¡¯s property during his working abroad, but it¡¯s by no means easy. It can be proved that since the date he and president Clinton¡¯s photo published on the newspaper, even the court judge is partial and side with him. My daughter and I stay in a helpless situation.
My daughter¡¯s throat needs an operation, I need to pay my college expense, but as a teacher my salary is reduced to only about 100 US dollars a month during the summer vocation. I just can¡¯t support my family. But Chen Jun stated that he(or China)hasn¡¯t received a cent from the UN for his duty, all his expenses in East Timor are at his own. Besides, he also concealed his award from Chinese government. Meanwhile, as a peacekeeping policeman, he has become hero in Shanghai. As few people dare to help us, I can do nothing but ask you for help.
I hope you can be kind to tell me by written mail the right amount of Chen Jun¡¯s income or allowance during his peacekeeping duty.
As a Chinese citizen, I love my motherland. Now Chen Jun works in Shanghai Entering and Leaving Country Management Office, nobody cares his personal morality. I am worrying: What will happen if this important position is in charge of such a person----an irresponsible father? And as a mother, I hope that my daughter could avoid being deficient, could get her proper education and live at a normal level, could grow up healthily. If I could get any help from you or your organization, I shall be very grateful and esteem it a great favor.
Sincerely yours,
Yuan Lifan
Ps: my e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">