• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Compel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alicat73

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I hope someone can help with this...My divorce was final on the 4th of September 2008, and upon final judgement I was to receive a monetary settlement from my ex-husband. He has not given me the check, as of yet. Can I file a motion to compel? I need the money to move out, and as a side note, I have a restraining order against my ex and must go back to court on that issue October 16th. I have a feeling he is stalling out of spite until he can get back in the house. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

nextwife

Do you know what fund type the settlement monies were? Stocks, employer stock purchase plan, cashing in an annuity, selling some personal property/vehicle?

If the money was in stocks, betcha he's delaying to give the accounts a chance to go back up in value before redeeming shares. Maybe he already redeemed end of this week when things looked somewhat better.

I hope someone can help with this...My divorce was final on the 4th of September 2008, and upon final judgement I was to receive a monetary settlement from my ex-husband. He has not given me the check, as of yet. Can I file a motion to compel? I need the money to move out, and as a side note, I have a restraining order against my ex and must go back to court on that issue October 16th. I have a feeling he is stalling out of spite until he can get back in the house. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Were you awarded a dollar amount? I wouldn't bother with another hearing yet, you just settled a few weeks ago...it wouldn't be heard before Oct most likely anyways. Just wait until your Oct. hearing on the restraing order and tell the judge whats going on. Kill two birds with one stone. You can ask for interest too!

Gracie3787

Is there any kind of time limit for payment in your court order?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">