• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Dismiss w/out prejudice when co-petition was filed and signed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Pheline

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Colorado

I filed a co-petition for divorce in February, husband acted on it in March. We had a status conference in March or April and set a court date of end of August. I want to stop the proceedings but my lawyer told me that my husband has to agree to stop. Truth or fiction? can I file to dismiss?

I'm sick about this- my children need both parents and we *must* work on our differences. thanks.

tiggergirl9

I would assume your lawyer is correct, we here in the US are not in the habit of forcing people to stay married that wish to be divorced. I do not have experience in your state but in mine requests for dismissal of the case do have to be signed by both parties.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">