• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for findings of fact and conclusions of law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Celtic19

I have a quick question. I am in process of divorce and represent myself. We could not reach an agreement and the case went to trial.
On the first day of trial my wife and her attorney filed this motion:

MOTION FOR FINDINGS OF FACT AND CONCLUSIONS OF LAW
Pursuant to Rule 52(a) of the Massachusetts Rules of Domestic Relations Procedure, the defendant Name hereby moves that the Court make findings of fact and state separately its conclusions of law thereon. Name also requests that she be permitted to file proposed findings of fact and rulings of law within thirty (30) days after the conclusion of testimony in this case,

What does it mean?
Should I oppose this?
Should I file the same motion for me?

Hope you can help.

Silverplum

I have a quick question. I am in process of divorce and represent myself. We could not reach an agreement and the case went to trial.

Pursuant to Rule 52(a) of the Massachusetts Rules of Domestic Relations Procedure, the defendant Name hereby moves that the Court make findings of fact and state separately its conclusions of law thereon. Name also requests that she be permitted to file proposed findings of fact and rulings of law within thirty (30) days after the conclusion of testimony in this case,

What does it mean?
Should I oppose this?

Hope you can help.
You are not prepared to represent yourself, I'm afraid. Any chance you could hire an attorney?

Just Blue

http://www.mass.gov/portal/

Start there. If you can not find your answer hire an attorney. Going Pro Se means YOU MUST know EVERYTHING that a hired attorney would know. Tough thing to do...

I do wish you the best of luck

Blue

LdiJ

What does it mean?
Should I oppose this?

Hope you can help.
What that means is they are asking the judge to do a bit more than just make a ruling. They are asking him to explain how he came to make his decision. No, you really cannot oppose that. You don't need to file the same motion for you.

Celtic19

follow up

What that means is they are asking the judge to do a bit more than just make a ruling. They are asking him to explain how he came to make his decision. No, you really cannot oppose that. You don't need to file the same motion for you.
"She also requests that she be permitted to file proposed findings of fact and rulings of law within thirty (30) days after the conclusion of testimony in this case"

Thank you very much for your response!!
Isn't it better for me to file proposed findings of fact and rulings of law then give her the opportunity to do it?

Silverplum

"She also requests that she be permitted to file proposed findings of fact and rulings of law within thirty (30) days after the conclusion of testimony in this case"

Isn't it better for me to file proposed findings of fact and rulings of law then give her the opportunity to do it?
Why?

Bali Hai

“He who represents himself has a fool for a client”

Abraham Lincoln-

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">