• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to set aside Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ibwilliam

California

My divorce was final on 3/9/05. I was never notified about any court hearings, or the fact that my ex-wife had even filed for divorce. I had move out of town because my ex-wife was trying to have me arrested. She knew that I had moved, but yet mailed documents to my old address. The court files have the enevelope showing that the documents had been returned. When I had returned back to town it was Feb 2005. And the next month I was divorced. I obviously had responded to the petition, because I didn't know. That also means that I didn't file a Declaration Of Disclosure. And I believe the law states that a judgment shall be set aside if party does not comply to requirements of filing Declaration. Am I wrong. The courts denied my set aside. And I believe that it was completly wrong

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">