• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving case from one court to another

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alphaminorbeta

What is the name of your state?California Law - San Diego County

My Divorce venue is at the family court near downtown San Diego, as there is where my ex and I lived. Two years ago my ex moved to Escondido, and I followed to be closer to the children.

There are some forms regarding childsharing we need to file; however, travelling down to San Diego is a hardship. We'd like to change the venue to the family court in Vista - about 4 miles away from us.

Can we do that? is there a form that we can fill out to move the case to Vista

Hope you can help!

LdiJ

alphaminorbeta said:
What is the name of your state?California Law - San Diego County

My Divorce venue is at the family court near downtown San Diego, as there is where my ex and I lived. Two years ago my ex moved to Escondido, and I followed to be closer to the children.

There are some forms regarding childsharing we need to file; however, travelling down to San Diego is a hardship. We'd like to change the venue to the family court in Vista - about 4 miles away from us.

Can we do that? is there a form that we can fill out to move the case to Vista

Hope you can help!
The Vista Courthouse should have a self-help center/family law facilitator. Go down there and check it out. Since you are both in agreement to this it shouldn't be a big deal.

alphaminorbeta

moving case from one court to another

State - California

Thank you for your response. I was reading information on change of venue. I read that the court that holds the records is many times reluctant to allow them to be moved, except for a REALLY good reason like "both parties have left the state". I wasn't aware that it could be as easy as going to one of the paralegals at the court and have them help do it.

thanks again

pb

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">