• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moving in with friend before divorse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peppergel

in new york state my girlfriend is having a ruff time getting divorsed. husband is mentally abusive to her and kids.16 and 21.
She pays all the kids bills including college cloths etc. He pays nothing. not even his car that he drives that happens to be in her name. she makes $26000/year he makes $120000/year
She has a lawyer and husband is purposlly stalling to hurt her finalcially as much as possible.
She is a teacher and can't afford her apartment any more with all the other bills.
husband has a girlfriend that sleeps at the martial house .

question--what would happen if she moved in with me( the male friend)

LdiJ

in new york state my girlfriend is having a ruff time getting divorsed. husband is mentally abusive to her and kids.16 and 21.
She pays all the kids bills including college cloths etc. He pays nothing. not even his car that he drives that happens to be in her name. she makes $26000/year he makes $120000/year
She has a lawyer and husband is purposlly stalling to hurt her finalcially as much as possible.
She is a teacher and can't afford her apartment any more with all the other bills.
husband has a girlfriend that sleeps at the martial house .

question--what would happen if she moved in with me( the male friend)
Ok...this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever....no one making 26k a year could possibly pay for what you are claiming that she pays for....

Have her come here and talk to us....you obviously don't have the accurate facts.

peppergel

facts are accurate. she had money that her sister gave her when she passed away. almost all gone. she borowed money from the bank also.
Her laywer takes weeks to answer an email. useless. her lawyer was supposed to get the title to the car he drives and wont pay for in his name 6 months ago.

I have a wonderful lawyer. 80 years old retired town judge. . but he wont talk to me about her or her lawyer . she is thinking about fireing her lawyer monday . her apartment leese is up and either she signs another leese or moves in with me.

I will have her register here . Do you want to continue this post with her or have her start a new one?

I didnt want to give too much history if it had nothing to do with the basic question but anything you want just ask.

facts are accurate. she had money that her sister gave her when she passed away. almost all gone. she borowed money from the bank also.
Her laywer takes weeks to answer an email. useless. her lawyer was supposed to get the title to the car he drives and wont pay for in his name 6 months ago.

I have a wonderful lawyer. 80 years old retired town judge. . but he wont talk to me about her or her lawyer . she is thinking about fireing her lawyer monday . her apartment leese is up and either she signs another leese or moves in with me.

I will have her register here . Do you want to continue this post with her or have her start a new one?

I didnt want to give too much history if it had nothing to do with the basic question but anything you want just ask.

Rather than waiting for weeks to hear a response to an email, has she tried Calling her attorney on the telephone. i know that alot of lawyers do not check their email on a regular basis, this doesnt hold true for all of them, just the ones that i know.

SHORTY LONG

Respectfully, have her to register, and start a new thread/post. Please include your State.
Please be as simple and straightforward with your questions/concerns. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">