• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving on-Need advice on my rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

getmine

:confused:
I currently live in New York State. I am planning on moving out to Florida with an old friend from high school and her husband. They have been my friends for over 15 years and I had expressed to them and so had my son who is 15 and entering the 10th grade that we wanted to make this move. They offered to take in my son until I get here with my other two who are 7 and 9 years of age. My rights as a mother and wife: How do I go on about giving my friend temporary custody/rights to my son as far as school (registration) doctor appointments, etc.? My husband and I have spoken about this and because we have had marital problems in the last two years, we have spoken about separating for a while. As his wife, can I still receive his pension benefits (soon to receive in 4/02) even if I decide not to return with him as a family? He is currently working for the government and is unable to get a transfer right now. I am ready to move on without him. What benefits am I still entitled to, as well as our children if he is living in New York and I in Florida? Am I jeopardizing my rights if I should move on? Should I ask him for a contract, stating that he is accepting of this decision? My family, dad, sisters and cousins are also living in Fla. and are willing to help me get on my feet. I scared and at the same time tired of being the glue in this relationship. Please advise me as to what I should and can do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Your issues are far, far, too complex for a bulletin board. You obviously have too many loose ends to tie up before you move. Therefore, you really need to see a local Family law attorney.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">