• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mr.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lambdin66

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin I recently discovered my wifes infedilities confronted and then was assured that it was over and that our marrige would be focused on. I then found out that her cell phone was used to call the other guy on a regular basis, so I dug further and gained access to her Emails on a shared family computer. What I found was that she has not given up the other guy, so i am going to end our marrige. My question is about the legalities of me viewing, and eventualy using the E-mails in a divorce proceeding to gain main custody of our son. Is it legal for me to view them and is it good for me to use them for my legal gain?

LdiJ

lambdin66 said:
What is the name of your state?Wisconsin I recently discovered my wifes infedilities confronted and then was assured that it was over and that our marrige would be focused on. I then found out that her cell phone was used to call the other guy on a regular basis, so I dug further and gained access to her Emails on a shared family computer. What I found was that she has not given up the other guy, so i am going to end our marrige. My question is about the legalities of me viewing, and eventualy using the E-mails in a divorce proceeding to gain main custody of our son. Is it legal for me to view them and is it good for me to use them for my legal gain?
There is almost no chance that your wife's infidelity will have any bearing on custody. Plus, I am not sure that your "evidence" was gained legally. In addition, some judges will accept emails as evidence, others won't (because they can be easily altered).

All in all, I don't think the emails are going to be of any value to you.

Wisconsin tends to favor shared custody. Someone being unfaithful to their spouse doesn't make them a bad parent in the eyes of the courts.

BelizeBreeze

Viewing e-mails on a shared computer is not illegal.

However, their weight as evidence is a matter of fact for the court to decide.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">