• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mrs. Sue Smith

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

SMITH67

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband has decided after 14 years of marriage that he no longer is in love w/me and he wants a divorce. We have 2 children. I have no idea of where to start or what my rights are for what I am entitled too. We are not broke but we do not have a lot of money to spend on arguing in court. We have a house, cars, motorcycle, boat, and some savings accounts. Can you direct me on how to begin helping myself? Let me know what other info. would be helpful to you.

Thanks,

SueWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My husband has decided after 14 years of marriage that he no longer is in love w/me and he wants a divorce. We have 2 children. I have no idea of where to start or what my rights are for what I am entitled too. We are not broke but we do not have a lot of money to spend on arguing in court. We have a house, cars, motorcycle, boat, and some savings accounts. Can you direct me on how to begin helping myself? Let me know what other info. would be helpful to you.

Thanks,

SueWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Get an attorney... TOMORROW.

Now, get bank statements of ALL accounts in the marital accounts... and start collecting information on any other assets.

Cars, house, jewelry, ANYTHING of value.

Keep the children with you at all times. If your husband wants to move, let him... but don't leave the marital home.

You have to look at your husband as the enemy from now on... do not say anything to him that you wouldn't want said in open court.

xylene

cyjeff is quite right.

HOWEVER, how much enmity is going on.

You could try mediation / mediated divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">