• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ms.Mitchell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

huffbellsoon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York I married in 1985 he left and then was asked to leave due to problems. One child is now 23. I can not locate him and family contact has been lost. How do I get a divorce and move on with my life?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York I married in 1985 he left and then was asked to leave due to problems. One child is now 23. I can not locate him and family contact has been lost. How do I get a divorce and move on with my life?
See an attorney. Generally, divorce by publication is possible, but not a DIY project.

The good news is that he likely won't be in a position to challenge it, so it won't get dragged out with endless challenges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">