• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Multistate divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?

Trying to research a situation for someone. Here it is:

Male soldier is married to a wife in Florida. He is stationed in Hawaii. He will be deploying in June. He is engaged to a soldier in Kentucky and wants to divorce wife in Florida. Says it is not going to be contested. How long will this take to go between the states and everything? No kids in the marriage. Thank you.

seniorjudge

new2this05 said:
What is the name of your state?

Trying to research a situation for someone. Here it is:

Male soldier is married to a wife in Florida. He is stationed in Hawaii. He will be deploying in June. He is engaged to a soldier in Kentucky and wants to divorce wife in Florida. Says it is not going to be contested. How long will this take to go between the states and everything? No kids in the marriage. Thank you.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=289727

double post

I meant the military aspect of his being stationed in a different state then his wife and his upcoming deployment. Thought someone might know the time frame of all this stuff. I think they think it will just happen overnight.

seniorjudge

new2this05 said:
I meant the military aspect of his being stationed in a different state then his wife and his upcoming deployment. Thought someone might know the time frame of all this stuff. I think they think it will just happen overnight.
Nothing in the civil law system happens overnight.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">