• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Belongings In Storage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

goodgirl

I am absolutely furious. I am 700 miles away from my husband that I am getting a divorce from. My problem is that he told me that he took all of my belongings and put them in storage although he is not living at the residence where I left which belongs to me. My husband would not let me get all of my belongings the first time I left because he is a jerk and I did not know at the time that I could get the law to go with me to get my things. He will not tell me the name of the storage facility when I call him, therefore, how do I know if he is even paying for the storage? Another problem I have is that I am wanting to go back to my home which my husband is not living in and I am afraid that he will tell me that I cannot stay there just because he says so. Can he not let me back in my own home which I owned BEFORE I married him? His plan is to rent it out and I don't believe he can do that since I own it. Please help with this matter as I am very very confused and don't know which way to go. I'm having to stay at my parents and it is really bad here. I'm going to lose my mind if I don't get out of here. I just want my own place of living back and go ahead and go thru with the divorce. If I wait for him for the divorce, I will still be married 10 years from now because he has no plans of filing the paper work although HE wants the divorce. Please help. Thanks

G

goodgirl

My Belongings In Storage

Now just exactly what do you mean? I don't mean to be ignorant, but you lost me. I live in Florida if that is what your saying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">