• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Divorce 3 years Ago

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rennergixer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

In Arizona, What is the statute of limitations to challange a decree of disolution spousal maintenence and child support order? I have waited over 3 years to do this. Has my opportunity passed? I was not presant at the divorce court date. I was stupid, and ignored it

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

In Arizona, What is the statute of limitations to challange a decree of disolution spousal maintenence and child support order? I have waited over 3 years to do this. Has my opportunity passed? I was not presant at the divorce court date. I was stupid, and ignored it
You cannot appeal the decision of the divorce decree. What has changed financially for you since the child support and spousal maintenance order? What does the decree state regarding spousal maintenance. Ignoring this for three years does NOT excuse you and you will and should have been paying for this.

mistoffolees

Child support can be changed at any time that there's a significant change in circumstances. The same is true of spousal maintenance, but I suspect that for most judges the hurdle for what would be 'significant' would be higher for spousal maintenance than for child support.

Note, however, that courts will NOT make a retroactive change. That is, if you file today for a change in support due to a change in circumstances in 2007, you can NOT collect (or be made to pay) anything from 2007 to present - only from the date of filing forward.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">