• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex in contempt?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

t_p_us

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Just a quick question. My ex was ordered by stiuplation the she is to randomly give me notice to get blood work done once a month. She hasen't the last three months. She only has until Sept to give me those notices. After that, she doen't have that "power".

I know contempt isn't the right word, but is she making herself look bad? Can something like this used to my advantage when asking for more time with the mediator? If it's a stipulation, does she HAVE to give me a notice every month or is just on her own will?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Just a quick question. My ex was ordered by stiuplation the she is to randomly give me notice to get blood work done once a month. She hasen't the last three months. She only has until Sept to give me those notices. After that, she doen't have that "power".

I know contempt isn't the right word, but is she making herself look bad? Can something like this used to my advantage when asking for more time with the mediator? If it's a stipulation, does she HAVE to give me a notice every month or is just on her own will?
So you are eager to get bloodwork for WHAT purpose? Have you voluntarily gone to get blood work each month on the last day of the month that she has not gave you notice to get it done?

What exactly did the stipulation say?

t_p_us

I actually have gone on my own. At this point I have nothing to hide. It does cost me 85 buck a pop, but I guess it's worth it.

The stipulation reads that mother MAY randomly test me. So I don't know, maybe I just answered my question?

mistoffolees

I actually have gone on my own. At this point I have nothing to hide. It does cost me 85 buck a pop, but I guess it's worth it.

The stipulation reads that mother MAY randomly test me. So I don't know, maybe I just answered my question?
Exactly. She doesn't have to.

Presumably, if she saw any suspicious behavior, she might have asked for the blood work. But she can't be penalized for NOT asking for the blood tests if it simply says she MAY.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">