• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My ex skipped Town with my daughter.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lambdini44

My Ex skipped town with my daughter, were both residence of Oregon, I have moved previously to Las Vegas and am Planning on moving back in the next 20 days, My move out of state was okayed by the courts. Her move to Wyoming however was not okayed by the courts, in fact she is violating her probation order and has a warrent out for her arrest. Now she left town with out the proper notice that is required according to our divorce. What is the first step I need to take to get my daughter back to the state of oregon, and getting custody of her?

mistoffolees

My Ex skipped town with my daughter, were both residence of Oregon, I have moved previously to Las Vegas and am Planning on moving back in the next 20 days, My move out of state was okayed by the courts. Her move to Wyoming however was not okayed by the courts, in fact she is violating her probation order and has a warrent out for her arrest. Now she left town with out the proper notice that is required according to our divorce. What is the first step I need to take to get my daughter back to the state of oregon, and getting custody of her?
What is the custody situation? If you have custody, there is a warrant for her arrest and you have reason to believe that they've left the state, call the FBI.

LdiJ

Putting aside for a moment the fact that your ex is running out on a warrant, you moved out of state and its difficult to prohibit a move out of state by the other party, when you yourself moved.

I realize that you are moving back, but you DID move and if mom wasn't running out on probation/a warrant you might not be able to stop her move.

Now...putting that aside. Since mom is running out on probation and a warrant, I think that you might want to consider filing for an exparte temporary custody order. You might not get it, but it would be worth a try. You would have to file in OR.

The problem then, is that you will have to locate mom to exercise the order and take physical custody of the child. You won't get any real help with that from anyone.

bean661

Now...putting that aside. Since mom is running out on probation and a warrant, I think that you might want to consider filing for an exparte temporary custody order. You might not get it, but it would be worth a try. You would have to file in OR.

The problem then, is that you will have to locate mom to exercise the order and take physical custody of the child. You won't get any real help with that from anyone.
Why won't he get help? If that is really true, thats pretty lame.

Contact her probation officer. Report that she has skipped state and her probable location. Contact the police at her location and report her location to them.

I'm wondering if taking the children out of state constitutes kidnapping? If so contact the FBI.

mistoffolees

Putting aside for a moment the fact that your ex is running out on a warrant, you moved out of state and its difficult to prohibit a move out of state by the other party, when you yourself moved.
The difference, of course, is that OP moved with the court's permission. The ex did not have permission to move with the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">