• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my fiance and his wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jelly1234

What is the name of your state? wi

my fiance and his wife have been seperated for two years now and they discussed you know every thing about the divorce she moved back to texas where her family is and everything is going to stay the same so there would be no reason to go to court so he sent her the divorce papers about 8 months ago so she could sign them and send them back well she has not sent a single thing back to him or called him about it or anything he has only called her once about them like 5 months ago and she didnt answer the phone or called him back but he hasnt done any thing about it sense and doesnt seem like he is going to do anything about it i keep mentioning it cause i mean i really would like to marry him but it seems to annoy him is there any advice anyone could give that i could say to him or what he could do if she doesnt send them back or call him about it? please help me? :(

jeremycedotal

best advice I know

If you are living with him, hand him the ring, move out, and tell him when he takes care of his marriage and gets everything FINAL, to give you a call. Let him know you will not wait forever, so he better get his ass in gear. If he still drags his feet, find someone else...he might be just using you to make his wife jealous. :eek:

jelly1234

I hope thats not what hes doing. we also have an 8 month old together so that would be kinda hard just to move out like that other wise thats not a bad idea.. does it really matter if i use periods and commas? any other ideas for what i could do?

rmet4nzkx

If he wanted to marry you he would have got the divorce, that should be a big clue. Usually you get married then you have a baby. When you break up, expect him not to want to pay child support either.

LdiJ

jelly1234 said:
I hope thats not what hes doing. we also have an 8 month old together so that would be kinda hard just to move out like that other wise thats not a bad idea.. does it really matter if i use periods and commas? any other ideas for what i could do?
It matters if you use periods and commas because otherwise your posts are very difficult to read. Everyone here are volunteers, and if they can't understand what someone is asking, they tend not to offer advice.

There isn't anything that YOU can do, its between your boyfriend (you can't have a fiance if he is married to someone else) and his wife. They are the only ones who can make anything happen.

I will give you a piece of personal advice.....

Sometimes, someone who won't push the issue of divorcing their spouse is doing it either, consciously or subconsciously because they have a fear of committing to yet another person....or for other myriads of reasons.

Therefore, the previous advice you received wasn't "flip"...it may be the only way to motivate him to get it done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">