• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Fiancee is going thru a divorce!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DZC

What is the name of your state? Colorado

My Fiance and I have been together for almost three years and his divorce is set to be final in November. He doesn't make much money (he's in the Army), yet his wife (who is capable of work) wants maintenance in addition to child support for their three year old daughter.

He has listed all the bills he pays while living with me in his divorce papers.Will the fact that he lives with me effect the the judge's final judgment in determining the child support or alimony?In other words, will the judge consider his expenses in determing how much he pays or will he ignore these expenses because he lives with another woman.

Jeter

His income as well as his(soon to be ex) wife's income are used to determine child support and alimony. His expenses must be adjusted by him to provide for the ability to pay the court mandated amount, whether he lives alone or with anyone else.

Jeter

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">