• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My forms keep getting returned

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amberlani

What is the name of your state? California

I sent my papers as per the instructions I was given. I just received them back with a notice with this on it:

We regret we must return the Judgement/Order in this case for the reasons below:

SUPPORT AND RELATED ISSUES:

If either Petitioner or Resondent waives spousal support, this must be in the Judgment. Suggested wording is: "The Court finds that Petitioner (or Respondent) waives spousal support. The court terminates jurisdiction to order support for the Petitioner (or Resondent)."

If Petitioner requested in the Petition that the court terminate jurisdiction to award spousal support to Respondent, include the following suggested language in the Judgment: "The court terminates jurisdiction to award spousal support to Resondent." Petitioner cannot waive spousal support for Respondent.

PRODEDURAL MATTERS:

Comply with Family Code Section 2106 (Final Disclosure). Each party must serve the other with a preliminary and final declaration of disclosure. A declaration under penalty of perjury verifying the date and place of the service, form FL-141, must be submitted to the court. If this is a default and you seek a waiver of the final disclosure requirements for Respondent, submit a declaration requesting same. In all cases, Petitioner must have served Respondent with a Preliminary Declaration. Petitioner can not waive his/her compliance. Need form FL-141 and a proof of service of Petitioners Final Declaration of Disclosure on Respondent. (I have FL-141, it was sent, but I can send it again).

Can you please assist me with these requirements?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">