• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My friend's drama

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

YBTheNorm

A friend of mine just went out of state to get married to another woman about 4 days ago. They were legally married in the state of Vermont under a civil union. Come to find out the woman that my friend married is a con-artist who tried to use my friend for her money. In all about 16,000 dollars was spent and now this other woman is trying to take the funiture and the home with a new addition that my friend paid for. This woman is also currently living with her ex-girlfriend who was part of this whole plot to begin with. This all happened approx. 4 days after they got back to Florida from getting married. Can my friend get a divorce in Florida even though they don't recognize gay marriages or does she have to comply with the residency requirements of Vermont? Also, is there any law that this other woman has broken or is it a civil matter? Please help if you can my friend is despirate.

:confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">