• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Husband Abandoned me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AmBeck22

I'm 22 years old and live in West Virginia. My husband of 3.5 years just up and left me June 22, 2004 without giving me any idea that he was going to leave. I've seen him once for less than 5 minutes when he came to pick a television up since he left. I've talked to him a few times over the phone since then and he says he wants a divorce. Now he won't answer my calls or call me back when I leave a message telling him to bring "the papers". We were renting a house and I moved all of my stuff out and moved in with my mom since my husband paid the bills, (I'm not able to work out of the house because of health problems) and we have no children so there's nothing to "fight" over. I have NO money or job and he won't be filing anytime soon 'cause he has back rent and bills to take care of along with child support that goes to his ex-wife; not to mention he never was responsible enough to pay bills and take care of things he didn't want to bother with. Am I going to be married to him forever since I absolutely can't afford it and he's too irresponsible to go through with it after he left me? I love this man more than life, but I don't want to be married to him if he's God Knows Where and never coming back. What do I do?

Amanda

Last edited:

S

silverrain

Re: My Husband abandoned me....

You poor thing...I'm so sorry. I know you feel like your heart has been riped out, and I know your so p@$^$d off too! I think this will help, and if you'd like, you can keep in contact with me, sweetie.
I believe you were a victim of Domestic Violence. There are many kinds...Physical, sexual, emotional, verbal...to name a few. Many women don't know this, and the only reason I do is because I am just finishing up papers on the jerk.
You can contact your local domestic violence shelter, or domestic violence advocate, which can be found in your local phone book. In case you can't, here is the domestic violence hotline number: 800-799-7233, it's free and private, no one will know.
You have suffered awful emotional abuse and neglect, and I know you can get help. I was able to file for divorce, from beginning to end, for free. After
you first file, your husband has thirty days to respond, and if he doesn't, you can file for default, and pretty much whatever you declare becomes yours, and he basically has absolutely no say in it, whatsoever.
Good luck to you, and I hope to hear from you soon. Please, please keep in contact, I can help you or help answer your questions. Take care, Jen

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">