• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husband wants to divorce me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sanguine73

:confused: What is the name of your state? Oregon

I’m a wife and a mother, I need some legal advice about my situation. I am an Indonesian citizen and I got married with my husband; an American almost 7 yrs ago. I moved to the US and we lived in Oregon for 4 yrs. I didn’t become an American but I got my Permanent Resident card already approved. In the whole 7 yrs our relationship we had a lot of disagreements. Things that I found out about him caused me became really bitter. It just added up after awhile. Now almost 3 years we’ve been living in Indonesia. We thought maybe it could change our relationship but doesn’t seem to be. Now he just wants a divorce and right now he is away working in different country. I don’t want a divorce and he told me it didn’t matter because he doesn’t need my signature or approval to be able to divorce me. We have 2 children and they are American citizens. Now what is going to happen to them because I don’t want to loose my children. He told me that he was going to fly back to the US to file the divorce paperwork. Please give me some advice. :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">