• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My husbands car in my name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sbrad1414

What is the name of your state? Georgia
While my husband and I were married i financed a car for him in my name. Now that we are seperated and soon to divorce I have requested that he refinance the car and get it out of my name. Since he has bad credit he refuses to do this because he doesn't want to pay high interest.
I have called the bank that I have the loan through and asked what can I do to get it out of my name an into his. They told me he would have to apply for a loan and have it transfered over. As I said before, he refuses to do this.
I want it out of my name because I am tring to get a new car and this extra credit is hurting me. Not only that, I am already having issues with him paying late. It isn't to a point where it is hurting my credit but they call numerous times a day wanting payment.
Is there ANY other way to get it put in his name other than appling for a loan?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sbrad1414 said:
What is the name of your state? Georgia
While my husband and I were married i financed a car for him in my name. Now that we are seperated and soon to divorce I have requested that he refinance the car and get it out of my name. Since he has bad credit he refuses to do this because he doesn't want to pay high interest.
I have called the bank that I have the loan through and asked what can I do to get it out of my name an into his. They told me he would have to apply for a loan and have it transfered over. As I said before, he refuses to do this.
I want it out of my name because I am tring to get a new car and this extra credit is hurting me. Not only that, I am already having issues with him paying late. It isn't to a point where it is hurting my credit but they call numerous times a day wanting payment.
Is there ANY other way to get it put in his name other than appling for a loan?

My response:

Nope.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">