• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my lawyer has lied to me several times

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tomj

What is the name of your state? Mass, I have just finished a long ugly divorce. i've been lied to by my lawyer many times during the case. 1 thing that really sticks out in my mind is when i had a scheduled appointment with my 9 year olds teacher. my lawyer told me i could go to the school anytime i wanted, there was no restraining order against the kids, so i went to the school" met with the teacher, and went back to work, 1/2 hour later I was arrested. they said i violated the restraining order against my wife. the order clearly stated that i could go to any school activities or events as long as i kept 10 feet away from my wife. the courts could not decide weather or not this was an activity or an event. my lawyer told me we would go in front of a jury, that was fine with me. the day we were to go in front of the jury while we were in the court room my lawyer came up to me and said he had a great deal. not knowing the legal system i went along with it, I ended up with 6 months probation, alot more to come besides this screwup

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tomj said:
What is the name of your state? Mass, I have just finished a long ugly divorce. i've been lied to by my lawyer many times during the case. 1 thing that really sticks out in my mind is when i had a scheduled appointment with my 9 year olds teacher. my lawyer told me i could go to the school anytime i wanted, there was no restraining order against the kids, so i went to the school" met with the teacher, and went back to work, 1/2 hour later I was arrested. they said i violated the restraining order against my wife. the order clearly stated that i could go to any school activities or events as long as i kept 10 feet away from my wife. the courts could not decide weather or not this was an activity or an event. my lawyer told me we would go in front of a jury, that was fine with me. the day we were to go in front of the jury while we were in the court room my lawyer came up to me and said he had a great deal. not knowing the legal system i went along with it, I ended up with 6 months probation, alot more to come besides this screwup

My response:

Thanks for your lovely, heartwarming, Hallmark Card, story.

Was there a question?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">