• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

is my marriage legal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bunny_0joy@yaho

What is the name of your state? California
My husband signed my name on the marriage license now he wants a divorce and doesn't want to serve me papers he is gonna sign my name again is our marriage even legal to start withnd if so what can i do to not forge my name on the divorce papers

ENASNI

bunny_0joy@yaho said:
What is the name of your state? California
My husband signed my name on the marriage license now he wants a divorce and doesn't want to serve me papers he is gonna sign my name again is our marriage even legal to start withnd if so what can i do to not forge my name on the divorce papers

I am sorry... Huh? Did he make a license up with crayons and just sign your name on it and *Bingo* Say you were married?

Or do you go and pay for one, get solemnized by an authorized person?

Was it a Public Marriage, you would have had at least one witness?

What kind of question is this really... I mean really?

LdiJ

ENASNI said:
I am sorry... Huh? Did he make a license up with crayons and just sign your name on it and *Bingo* Say you were married?

Or do you go and pay for one, get solemnized by an authorized person?

Was it a Public Marriage, you would have had at least one witness?

What kind of question is this really... I mean really?
I suspect that for one reason or another, that her marriage license had her signature forged....she probably was aware of it at the time....probably cooperated with it. Now, because her husband did that once, she is afraid that he will do something similar with a divorce, and she is afraid of getting scr$$ed over.

She probably is wise to be afraid of that. A simple solution to that problem would be for her to file for divorce first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">