• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My partners EX..Has she got any rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mel2208

Stoke on Trent, England

Hi there,

I thought id give this a shot has im not sure what else to do in my circumstances....My partner I have been with for a while now was divorced last year(March to be exact). He split up with her in september 08 after he discovered that she had been having an affair for nearly a year..His ex wife still lives in the house they brought together with their 3 year old daughter..The man she was having an affair with is now living with her..

My boyfriend wants his name off the mortgage so he can move on with his life....She has been dragging her feet over this and its getting a bit much..My boyfriend tried to keep it amicable but he has now got a solicitor involved...The problem is my boyfriend is worried that his ex can have some kind of hold on him over him being in a relationship with me...He thinks if he stays over mine and goes away on weekends away with me she could use all this against him..so he wont get the equity off the house.and his fair share....Im all confused by all this and not sure where he stands....Could this be the case where she could use me against this? or doesnt this matter? He sees his daughter every few weeks, due to work..He is worried that his ex could turn round and say he cant see his daughter..could this happen? I split with my ex 6 years ago and the sorting of the house was really straight forward so i just cant see how all this is gettin such a mess..

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">