• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my rights as an ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

concerned ex

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Maine
:confused: I don't know if exes still have rights as to what their ex spouse wanted in case of life support. My ex is very sick and on life support but his family there have put him on life support. My ex very adamently stated his wishes were not to be kept alive by machines. I am looking into his records to see if there is a will or not but if not, what can I do? Does his first wife have any rights in respect to their 3 children? He moved to Florida about 7 months ago and his mother would not tell any family here their whereabouts. We only know that he is in a hospital somewhere on life support, can we do anything?

LdiJ

concerned ex said:
undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Maine
:confused: I don't know if exes still have rights as to what their ex spouse wanted in case of life support. My ex is very sick and on life support but his family there have put him on life support. My ex very adamently stated his wishes were not to be kept alive by machines. I am looking into his records to see if there is a will or not but if not, what can I do? Does his first wife have any rights in respect to their 3 children? He moved to Florida about 7 months ago and his mother would not tell any family here their whereabouts. We only know that he is in a hospital somewhere on life support, can we do anything?
No, exes have absolutely no rights regarding their ex spouses medical care and last wishes. Not as exes and not as the other parent of the children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">