• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Sister Needs ASAP Advice! Please Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WreckGoss

What is the name of your state? Maryland

This is what has transpired.

My sister and her husband have grown apart over the past 3 years. They have three boys together. 2 weeks ago, my sister in a rare occasion, spent a late evening out with myself, and our other 2 brothers, and a friend. Her husband has been wanting to get out of the marriage, so he informed her that he believed she was cheating with our friend we were visiting with that night. The next morning, he packed his bags, toothbursh, the works, left the boys 4 year old, 5 year old, and 6 year old alone in the apartment, and got in his car. My sister arrived home quickly. He left and got a new place of address.

Since this happened 2 weeks ago, he had refused to sign any separation papers even though he daily said that he would. Instead, he has stalked her everywhere she goes. Waiting in the parking lot of her complex, and following her to every location, taking her picture, etc. One evening as her brother visited her home, he watched as my brother turned into the complex. At that point, he called and stated he wanted to see his boys. My sister asked him to visit in the morning as she had company (family) over and she did not want controversy. At this point her husband called the police after almost breaking down the door, claiming she said he would never see his children again.

He then told her he was going to not pay any of the bills. He left her with no money in the first place. She immediately went out and interviewed for a job, which does not start for another 2 weeks. He signed the separation papers yesterday but then he cancelled the rent check. She then found out on the day of her interview, he jimmied the door to the apartment, and installed a keylog tracker software on her computer. For 2 days he tracked everything she did on her PC as she talked to her friends about her situation, and searched for information on the internet about her dilemma. he would then call at 1am-5am in the morning, waking the children.

So up to this date...

1. He has abandonded his wife and three boys with no proof of adultrey
2. He has cancelled the rent check
3. He has refused to sign over the lease to the apartment to her name
4. He has threatened to pull out a restraining order on my friend who has NOTHING to do with this situation.
5. He is stalking her every where she goes and has installed spy software on her machine. (He also visited my parents home almost a month ago, and installed the software on my brother's computer so he could track anything he spoke to our friend about)

WHAT are our options? What can she do? We live in Maryland and we do not know what our options are? How can she legally end this madness when he is choosing to make the divorce long term and basically make her life miserable?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">