• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my soon to be ex is making serious threats!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vannie1973

Ok here is my question. My husband and I are legally sepereated as of Octo.10,2000. Last night he phoned me and was yelling and making threats that he was going to 1) carve me up; 2) slit my throat; and 3) blow my head off. I am not sure if he meant this or not, but that is not the point. It says in the seperation decree that neither one of us are allowed to haress the other by any means. This is Harrasing!!! My question is this. How can I get a protection order against him with us liveing in two different states? He being in South Carolina and I am in Alabama. He has custody of our daughter which I am in the process of having my attorney bring that matter in front of the judge. She is living with me in ALabama and is threating to come and take her this coming thursday. I do belive that any one with this much anger does not need to have custody of a child regardless of the age. She is 7 years old and is scared of him. The way he gained custody was that he lied to the judge and made it to where I was un able to appear in court, there fore the judge granted him full custody.. Please help me as much as you could with this matter. Thank you!

R

Roscoe

Phone Co

Call the phone company and tell them about the call(s). They can help out but only if you agree to prosecute. I'd also call your local P.D.

JETX

My $0.02 worth....

Unless you are planning to go to SC, you need to get your protective order in your home state (AL). It will only apply there, and not in SC.

Also, based on his threats (by the way, they are considered 'assault' if you believe that they are true), you might consider having the local PD on hand when he arrives.

Finally, contact your attorney and have him attach a Request for Protective Order to his current filings.

S

sherronteacher

vannie,I am going through a similar situation,but this is my ex-fiancee,who has married. He has continued to call my job,just to aggravate me and co workers,also to make people think that I am upset about his being married.Get some help,also buy the type of recorder that can be placed on your telephone so that the calls are recorded.Do what you must do to save yourself.I too live in Alabam.And please be careful nd take care.If you need to talk feel free to write me at [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">