• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My whole house is tapped!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

#1 Sis

My husband and I recently got back together after a separation - not a legal separation. The separation was due to several things, one of which was my having an affair. Now he is suspicious of my every move and I've found out from a mutual friend that he has a voice activated recorder somewhere in the house, one in the garage, and one in the basement to listen to my phone conversations and he has small video recorders hid throughout the house to record me. I feel like a prisoner in my own home! Can he legally record me like this? I have been faithful and I had no idea he was even worried about it happening again.

Even if I weren't being faithful and he "caught" me, can he use that? That's how he found out about the affair before, by taping me on the phone. Would that hold up in court now? We live in Virginia.

LegalBeagle

#1 Sis said:
The separation was due to several things, one of which was my having an affair.

I have been faithful and I had no idea he was even worried about it happening again.

Even if I weren't being faithful and he "caught" me, can he use that? That's how he found out about the affair before, by taping me on the phone. Would that hold up in court now? We live in Virginia.
So, you had an affair which was caught because he was taping your phone calls and now you claim to be faithful but are upset that he has doubts or does not truth you?

Tell me, if he was the one who had the affair, how long do you think it would take to trust him again?

Camille1970

Your In The Right

Hi,
I Just Recently Got Back With My Ex Husband And He Doesnt Trust Me Either, Regarding Anythng. These Men Will Have To Accept In Time To Be Trusting, Or Why Would They Get Back Togther With Us.

I Havent Gotten Remarried To My Ex, But We Live Togther And Legally If He Trys To Kick Me Out I Dont Even Know My Rights.

P.s Please Remember That You Cant Make Him Re Trust You, He Must Learn It On His Own :)

Maybe she does this every year, and is wondering if the "paranoid Ex-Husband" strategy is smart to use for year #5, ....she just forgot to change the date of her post? lol

"The best predictor of future behavior, is to look at past behavior."

safeber

VA law does not allow any recordings to be used as evidence in divorce litigation. Even independent mediators in VA won't allow recording devices.

However that does not prevent him from letting private parties in on these recordings.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">