• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is my wife entitled to any of this company I am involved in ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Arabian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
I am building a new 2.8 million dollar Express Carwash and my brother borrowed the money from his company in his name on an interest free 5 year loan. My wife left the house and marriage (walked out) December 1st while the wash was still under construction. We have been married since 2012 and this is the 3rd time she has left this year. I filed for separation on January 2nd after not hearing from her. Its still under construction now and I am expecting to open in 3 weeks. My question is I am paying my brother back from the profits of the company and then I will gain my share of 45% of the company. I have a prenuptial agreement in place for my assets before my marriage and monies and property I had before we were married however she has still not signed the separation agreement after 2 months and It makes me wonder. The company is an LLC . I was listed as an owner of 45% the day she left and we switched everything into my brothers name the day after she walked out. When she left we were 2.8 million in the hole and still under construction so all we have now is 2.8 million in debt and it will not turn a profit for at least another year. Does anyone know if or would she be entitled to anything knowing the loan is in my brothers name and we have not even opened yet? I do not get an equity stake in the company before I pay him back with profits from it. Thanks

Last edited:

Arabian

Does anyone actually post on this board anymore? No one has answered or replied to this. I notice alot of threads like this though. Is this really a legal board or just random people giving there thoughts on the subjects?

Silverplum

Does anyone actually post on this board anymore? No one has answered or replied to this. I notice alot of threads like this though. Is this really a legal board or just random people giving there thoughts on the subjects?
Sure, people post here: a few attorneys and many knowledgeable laypeople, all volunteers.

Apparently, no one thought your question was one they wanted to tackle. Please seek local counsel.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You DO understand that yesterday was Sunday, right? Superbowl Sunday no less...

Perhaps you ought to take your complex situation to an attorney to help you understand.

Arabian

You DO understand that yesterday was Sunday, right? Superbowl Sunday no less...

Perhaps you ought to take your complex situation to an attorney to help you understand.
Thank you please just delete this thread. I have an attorney retained however just wanted piece of mind and a second opinion.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you please just delete this thread. I have an attorney retained however just wanted piece of mind and a second opinion.
If you don't trust your attorney, then you may wish to seek out a new attorney.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I am certain that the powers that be will be quite happy to reimburse your membership fee. Oh.... wait.

:cool:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">