• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my wife left the state with my child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

julesbella

What is the name of your state? California.

My wife left California and drove to Nebraska with my 2 1/2 year old daughter. She also is pregnant. She is not willing to come back. We were moving to Colorado by March of next year, but she felt the urgency that it be done right away and is forcing the issue believing that I was not intending to move.

Where are my rights most protected as well as my rights as a parent?

When referring to your “rights” I am assuming you are talking in regards to exercising your parental rights. Well, if she just moved, you can file actions in the court of jurisdiction, which in this case would be Ca. I would move immediately, however, if you are planning on moving, then you have nothing to lose go ahead and move and call the shot. However, if this is an irreparable relationship I would move now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">