• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife withdrew my money out of our bank account! Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moonowl

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I just got back from Iraq a few weeks ago and my army pay from that has been getting put into a joint savings account I had with my wife. My wife asked me for a divorce a few months ago, and offered to remove herself off of the joint account, I told her "PLEASE DO NOT take your name off the savings account you still need money to live on and you are more than welcome to use it ANYTIME" in an email and knowing her she probably saved it. The problem is, I went to the bank and come to find out I only had $300 in it. I got paid about $1500 every two weeks and it's all gone, she took it all out. She did pay my truck and insurance payments with it while I was gone. She's unemployed. Is there anything I can do, or am I pretty much screwed?

LdiJ

moonowl said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ohio

I just got back from Iraq a few weeks ago and my army pay from that has been getting put into a joint savings account I had with my wife. My wife asked me for a divorce a few months ago, and offered to remove herself off of the joint account, I told her "PLEASE DO NOT take your name off the savings account you still need money to live on and you are more than welcome to use it ANYTIME" in an email and knowing her she probably saved it. The problem is, I went to the bank and come to find out I only had $300 in it. I got paid about $1500 every two weeks and it's all gone, she took it all out. She did pay my truck and insurance payments with it while I was gone. She's unemployed. Is there anything I can do, or am I pretty much screwed?
You are pretty much screwed...I am sorry. It was a joint account so it was legally her money too. Also, if she is unemployed ordinary bills and living expenses, plus your truck and insurance payments could have easily eaten up that much a month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">