• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My wife's ex defaulting on a cosigned auto loan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fireman8880

What is the name of your state? Texas

We live in Texas and here's the background. My wife and I have been married for about 16 months. She cohabitated with another man before we dated. They we not even common law married. They had a house and car that they cosigned on. He has taken care of getting her name off the house. Last week we did a random credit check for my wife and it shows him 3 months behind and/or late in payments and it has ruined her credit rating.

Do we have any rights in this matter? Can we reposess the vehicle from him and catch the payments up ourselves or should there be a suit involved? Please email me with any further questions. Thanks in advance for help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">