• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My x husband is not paying what the decree states

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skyechicka22

What is the name of your state? Indiana
So my x-husband in the decree it was stated he is to pay me back a total of 3500 of joint debt that i have since taking care of. But he was supposed to pay it back from april 2008 and no later than december 2008 in no less than 200 dollars a month well its june and i have recieved nothing i start school in august full time and i could really use the money to hold me over he has since moved to GA and i have basically no contact with him how to i go about getting him to pay.

Zephyr

your court order specifically indicates he is to pay you 200 per month beginning in april????

if so you "could" file for contempt, for whatever that may do.....he does have until the end of the year to clear the debt....your schooling is irrelevant

skyechicka22

i realize school is irrelevent and yes he is supposed to have paid a minimum of 200 since april to be completely paid by december

tuffbrk

A minimum of $200 per motnh would only cover appr 1/2 the debt. Can't imagine why $200 was chosen as the minimal amount...

tuffbrk

The court that signed off on the initial order. In NJ it's Family Court - but not every state refers to it the same way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">