• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name Change

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ARTEST4ECHO

What is the name of your state? Arkansas

Although this is not directly a Divorce Question, I couldn’t find a subject directly relating to my question. However I believe them many Divorced people have fallen into the same kind of place I have so I think my question can easily be answered here.

I had an ex-friend that has basically been harassing people (7 at last count). It has gotten so bad that I fear her. I have moved several times, but she works for a company that dose background check. Eventually things start happening again.

In an attempt to avoid her I have come to deiced that if it would help I would legally change my name. However, if I do don’t I have to notify the County clerk and SS administration? It will then be public records and she will then (as related to her job) be able to see my name change.

So my question, can one legally change ones name in secret? Can I make the name change without it becoming Public records? I have no major credit cards or a criminal record so that is not my reason for asking (to avoid these). Again I ask this question here because a lot of divorce are due to violence and so people may wish to change there names to avoid their ex-husbands, for example.

ARTEST4ECHO

Actually I have been to this webpage beofre. This is what I caught on the page that make a order of pertection unavaible

"In Arkansas, orders of protection do not cover:

A victim of abuse whose abuser is NOT a family member, a household member, or a current or former dating partner; or
Victims of stalking and harassment. "

In order for me to get an injuntion (my other option) the police have to arrest her. The problem is you lives in TX so they don't concider me in "Danger". She is just harrassing me and the 7 other (for example she calls our emplyers and tells them we wont be in becuse we have been arrested etc).

That is why I am just tryin to basically hide from her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">