• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Name change seperation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xlandria

What is the name of your state? California

Hi. I was filling out papers for legal seperation/Divorce. There was a different box at the end for issues pertain just to legal seperation and then another just for dissolution. But in the general area it said do you want to change your name back. Can I change my name with a legal seperation? I really want to. Im only doing seperation for religious reasons.
Thank you

LdiJ

xlandria said:
What is the name of your state? California

Hi. I was filling out papers for legal seperation/Divorce. There was a different box at the end for issues pertain just to legal seperation and then another just for dissolution. But in the general area it said do you want to change your name back. Can I change my name with a legal seperation? I really want to. Im only doing seperation for religious reasons.
Thank you
Certainly you can change your name...you could change your name even if you were staying together. Changing or not changing your name is totally your choice, always.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">