• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Navy sailor needs help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

worried mother7

Washington
I am in the U.S. Navy.. I have filed for divorce and it was filed on Dec. 10th. In which the state law states that you have to wait 90 days from the date it is filed and it is served to the respondent. I have been assigned to England for 3 years and the courts are sayin that the 90 days is from the date that the summons was served which was Jan 5th..I thought it was 90 days from Dec. 10th. I was told that 90 day is April 5th I have to report for duty to england March 15th. Is there anything that can be done to help me to get this divorce done before I have to report to duty in March? The other party has not responded. please help me. I truely thought 90 days was from Dec 10th the filing date not from the date she picked up the paperwork I mailed the paperwork to be served to her and it was deivered to the sheriff on Dec 24th I have te return reciept to prove it. They tried to serve her and she did not pick it up until Jan 5th. Please is there something I can show the court or have done to have this divorce done before I move out of he country

mistoffolees

Call your court clerk. They may be able to clarify the timing issues.

In some states, it will be possible to get an uncontested divorce without you being present. Contact a local attorney to ask if they can handle it for you in your absence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">