• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NC Adultry Laws and rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

titanvb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I have been married for almost 16 years and I have discovered my wife is cheating on me.I have evidence. I have never been unfaithful and have bent over backwards for her for the sake of the children.

She has not worked the entire time we have been married and I have done more than my share of the household duties throughout the marriage. She has some psychological issues and refuses treatment. She has a degree in psychology.

We have three children, the youngest with autism.

She wants to go through with a no fault divorce and co-parent with me living in a garage apartment in the back. I have tried and feel that this will not work. She will not leave.

I do not want to cause a disruption for my youngest by having to more. I think it may be too traumatic for him and he may regress.

I teach school and do not make a lot of money.

What can I do legally?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I have been married for almost 16 years and I have discovered my wife is cheating on me.I have evidence. I have never been unfaithful and have bent over backwards for her for the sake of the children.

She has not worked the entire time we have been married and I have done more than my share of the household duties throughout the marriage. She has some psychological issues and refuses treatment. She has a degree in psychology.

We have three children, the youngest with autism.

She wants to go through with a no fault divorce and co-parent with me living in a garage apartment in the back. I have tried and feel that this will not work. She will not leave.

I do not want to cause a disruption for my youngest by having to more. I think it may be too traumatic for him and he may regress.

I teach school and do not make a lot of money.

What can I do legally?
You can file for divorce and ask the court to assign custody and ask for temporary posession of the residence.

Face it - if the two of you can't work out the living arrangement where you're both in the same house, one of you will have to move and the kids will be impacted. It can't be helped.

You can NOT force her to leave. You can ask the court to do so, but you'd better have a good reason why she should leave and not you.

LdiJ

Move back into the house, sue for custody and child support and divorce.
As long as he is still living on the property, he is living "in the house", unless the garage apartment has a separate, legal address...and I can almost guarantee that it does not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">