• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

plshelpme

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

5 months ago my wife filed for divorce, 2 weeks after she filed she moved out and moved in with another man, last week this man hit her, and she left him and went to stay at her mothers, this past weekend she came to the house and stated that she has every right to move back into the house, i contacted my lawyer and he said that I do have to let her back in with the kids because the house is still in both our names, even though i refinanced under my name because her credit is bad. Now she's back, neither one of us have a place to go, but she is stating that we are still seperated even though we live under the same roof. I am just wondering if this is possible...can two people be seperated if they live under the same roof? Can she throw me out of the house at anytime? If the bank still owns my truck can she take the truck anytime she feels like it? I know she has an ulterior motive even though she claims she wants to have our family back together again for the sake of the kids. Can someone out there please give me some advice?

Kane

If she moved out, moved in with another man, and is now claiming she wants to make it work "for the kids," you may have done a poor job of choosing a wife.

And if she's dragging the kids to her (abusive) boyfriend's house, then to her mom's, and now back to you again, you might not have chosen the best mother for your kids.

I'd consider setting her up in an apt. somewhere, if she'll leave the kids with you. You need to do what you can to give them the best home possible, and it doesn't sound like she cares much about them.

Edit: and no, she can't throw you out, anymore than you can throw her out, unless she says you hit her, or something like that.

plshelpme

Yeah I know...she is the worst choice I could have ever made in my life. I tried I'll help you get an apartment and you can keep the kids here until you get on your feet...that did not work, i tried I'll help you get an apartment and you can take the kids...that did not work either. She is only out for one thing and that is to screw me. She knows that I will take care of my kids till the day I die, and I am a good father...how many men in this world can say they took the kids every weekend and she can have them during the week. She had every weekend to herself from Friday 4pm to Sunday 9pm. Now she is using them. They started at one school, tranferred to another, and now back at the school they started at this year. I just wanted to know how I can keep from getting screwed anymore...and since she did live with another man for a few months is that still considered infidelity even though she did file for divorce?

weenor

Have talked to your lawyer about getting some pendente lite orders (temporary) to kick her out of the house and keep the kids? It is best that you legally get her out ASAP because if you give her time you'll likely get some false allegations against you. She wouldn't be the first woman to start fight call the cops and get you arrested on domestic violence charges. Guess what? In some states there is a rebuttale presumption that the alleged batterer does not get custody. Then you got a prove it didn't happen. You don't want to go there.

plshelpme

I really wouldn't put it past her to accuse me of anything....now she wants me to buy her a cell phone, the house phone was in her name and just before she moved out she shut it off without telling me and then one day i was at work and got a call from my brother to tell me he couldn't call me at home to let me know that my mom took a turn for the worse, so i had to go and buy a cell phone for myself immediately. she has never paid the house phone bill and they will not turn it on till she does, plus that will be another bill i will get stuck paying while we are still in the same house. I have another cell phone, my friend has it now and is using it and we are on the family plan together which saves us both money...i asked my friend for the phone back and the reply i got is why should i have to give up my phone for her to have it. which i agree with, but this girl i am married to is very irresponsible when it comes to paying bills and spending money, and i do not feel like paying another phone bill. she is really trying to screw me over...now she wants me to also put her name back on my bank account. she screwed me over with that too when she left by taking all the money that was in there and leaving...she tells me i have to do all these things for her because we are still married even though the divorce papers are filed and pending and we are legally seperated, but live in the same house. My lawyer is on vacation until the 15th and I do not know what to do. Has anyone out there gone thru this and if so what did you do and did you have to do according to the law.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">