• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nismogtr

What is the name of your state? AZ
After only 8 months, my wife and I are getting divorced. Before we were married (2 years ago) she wanted to use her savings to pay off my car and credit card debt. I owe her about $25,000. Since were living together and then married I never paid her a penny, and she never asked. The last 6 months of our marriage she quit work and I paid all bills incl. her mortgage, payments on her rental homes, home repairs etc ...

Now that we're separated she is demanding I pay her off in the amount of $1500.00 / mo. I know I owe her $$$, but I want to deduct the $$ I paid toward her investment properties and only pay $1000.00 per mo.

Can I do that???

BTW... she is holding ALL my possessions in the home until I pay her $1500.00!!!!!

Please help.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? AZ
After only 8 months, my wife and I are getting divorced. Before we were married (2 years ago) she wanted to use her savings to pay off my car and credit card debt. I owe her about $25,000. Since were living together and then married I never paid her a penny, and she never asked. The last 6 months of our marriage she quit work and I paid all bills incl. her mortgage, payments on her rental homes, home repairs etc ...

Now that we're separated she is demanding I pay her off in the amount of $1500.00 / mo. I know I owe her $$$, but I want to deduct the $$ I paid toward her investment properties and only pay $1000.00 per mo.

Can I do that???

BTW... she is holding ALL my possessions in the home until I pay her $1500.00!!!!!

Please help.
NEVER take "legal advice" from your X, or your STBX. Ever. It's not in their best interests to tell you the truth, is it?

Really? You don't owe her squat. The two of you need to divide marital assets and marital debts.

tammycooksey

husband's responsilities

My husband has opened up his own checking account and has refused to pay any bills with his money. I have 2 teenage boys and until he says they get a job that he will not pay for anything.
Can he do this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">