• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

workingmom2

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA. I am interested to know if I were to go ahead with a divorce, what my husband has rights to. I have my name and my name only on the deed and mortgage. Can he get any parts of the house in the divorce?

nextwife

Was it owned free and clear going into the marriage, or were marital assets (marital income) used to make payments?

workingmom2

response

No there are still mortgage payments to be made. But he does not contribute to any household bills. I pay the mortgage, utilities, food, etc. He is only somewhat managing to pay his own bills related to his company he started.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No there are still mortgage payments to be made. But he does not contribute to any household bills. I pay the mortgage, utilities, food, etc. He is only somewhat managing to pay his own bills related to his company he started.
Oh well. He is entitled to the portion of the equity that has accrued during the marriage. He is also entitled to a portion of the marital assets. And if you earn more he could be entitled to alimony.

mistoffolees

Oh well. He is entitled to the portion of the equity that has accrued during the marriage. He is also entitled to a portion of the marital assets. And if you earn more he could be entitled to alimony.
Of course, countering that, she MAY be entitled to a portion of his company.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">