• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajcs25

My Wife is playing lots of games with me under malefic influence of her parents and her Brother

We live in NJ and are married from little over a Year

I dont want to write whole bunch of issues here on how she insults and disrespects me, but since i am seeking legal advice, i want to write issues which matter here

To make things worse she is 3 months pregnant with my child.

She has not contributed any money and is forcing me since we got married to bear all the expenses, my expense, her expense, home expense, every single thing

She is making a very good amount of money and sending all money to her parents

I have had enough of her atrocities and need to tell her that she has to stop this behavior and have to ask her to go for counseling.

If she refuses and tells 'Either my way or no way' and if she leaves me and files for divorce, than i have following questions

1) Do i still have to pay child support if child is born after we got seperated?
2) Do i have to pay alimony if she is making good amount of money?

Last edited:

Ladyback1

1) Do i still have to pay child support if child is born after we got seperated?
If you are legally the father, then why wouldn't you want to support your child??:confused:

Most states have a specific formula to determine child support, and that formula always takes in to account who the custodial parent is (or if custody is split). That formula will ask for income of both parents, expenses of both parents, etc.

But, again, I have to ask---if you are the father of the child, why would you think you wouldn't have to pay child support...regardless of marital status? (Lots of people are never married but produce a child/children).

Antigone*

My Wife is playing lots of games with me under malefic influence of her parents and her Brother

We live in NJ and are married from little over a Year

I dont want to write whole bunch of issues here on how she insults and disrespects me, but since i am seeking legal advice, i want to write issues which matter here

To make things worse she is 3 months pregnant with my child.

She has not contributed any money and is forcing me since we got married to bear all the expenses, my expense, her expense, home expense, every single thing

She is making a very good amount of money and sending all money to her parents

I have had enough of her atrocities and need to tell her that she has to stop this behavior and have to ask her to go for counseling.

If she refuses and tells 'Either my way or no way' and if she leaves me and files for divorce, than i have following questions

2) Do i have to pay alimony if she is making good amount of money?
1 ~ You will be required to pay for the child you fathered. It is sad that the money is what comes to your head and the child is not even here yet.

2 ~ Get a divorce attorney to help you through the divorce - they will address the alimony piece for you. It really should be a non-issue, BUT you have been her sole support for the last year so she might try to use that against you.

tranquility

What an odd confluence of language. Between the usage of the word malefic and the odd grammar otherwise, I would suspect English is not your first language and that you are well educated.

That is important to me as it implies you are making a good amount of money on your own as well as your wife.

As to child support; yes, you will have to support your child. Even in the event of a divorce.

As to alimony; you may have to provide some alimony as well. However, it would depend on the difference between income(s) and would have a factor against awarding it because of the length of the marriage.
http://www.divorcenet.com/states/new_jersey/new_jersey_alimony_part_1

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
OP if you are still here please ignore the thread hijackers who have gone on for two pages about something which has nothing to do with your questions. You will be responsible for child support of your child. You will be the presumed father. You will be able to fight for custody of your child.

Ladyback1

regardless of all the hi-jacking:
If the OP created a child with his wife, then he should be responsible for the child--emotionally, physically and financially. If the OP is angry because the wife won't toe his line, and wants to abandon his responsibilities then he is doing a huge disservice to himself and to a child that didn't ask to be born.

If the OP is so resentful and angry over his wife's behaviors/actions that he can't think of what being a "Daddy" is all about, then it is his loss.

I don't go much for alimony/spousal support, there are very specific instances where it is justified and warranted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">